Which is Better–Metal Braces or Invisalign?
If you are about to make a search for a “dentist near me” with hopes of perfecting your smile, we want you to get the most out of your treatment plan, which is why we’re dishing out some straight talk on straightening teeth. Straightening your teeth is a big commitment, and you may find youreself asking, “who is the best dentist or orthodontist near me?” or, “Should I get Invisalign or metal braces?” Which option is the most effective? That’s why we’ve compiled a list of things you should know from a dentist at Platinum Dental Care . Identify your personal preferences before your next consultation.
Platinum Dental Care patients who choose to straighten with either braces or Invisalign experience a noticeable change in their smile and self confidence. Not only will you feel more confident by straightening your teeth but you will notice a change in your overall health and the ease of your oral hygiene routine. Cleaning straight teeth is easier than cleaning crooked teeth! Your teeth, bite, and jaw will all be aligned which will make your face more symmetrical.
What’s the Difference Between Braces and Invisalign?
Whichever path you take towards a straighter smile and greater oral health, both Invisalign and Metal Braces can achieve that result. So what makes them different? Ultimately, their biggest difference lies in the way they straighten your teeth. Not only your preferences but also the situation of your teeth and their needs will determine which option best suits you. Talk to our dental professionals at Platinum Dental Care if you are considering braces as an option to improve your smile and get all your personal questions answered by someone who knows both options best.
Braces: For a long time, metal braces were the only path towards straight teeth. From day one of your treatment, metal brackets are glued to the enamel of each tooth. Wires are then connected between the brackets to help shift the position of your teeth over time. Sometimes patients opt for wires and brackets that are enamel-colored, making their braces less noticeable. Most people choose bright colors and themes to liven up their brackets.
Invisalign : Invisalign was invented to give patients the option to basically have braces discretely–invisalign was made to be invisible. Invisalign uses aligner trays (similar to bleaching trays) made of BPA-free plastic to slowly shift your teeth. Invisalign trays are comfortable and easy to wear. Unlike the way bleaching trays are created, Invisalign trays are not created using a mold, but rather Invisalign uses a 3-D image of your teeth to configure aligner trays with just the right fit.
Benefits of Metal Braces
Here are important considerations to note before choosing braces.
- Non-removable: You don’t have to worry about losing or forgetting to wear your trays with metal braces, which is why many patients prefer metal braces to invisalign.
- Faster Treatment: Metal braces often move teeth faster than Invisalign because they cannot be removed. worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and typically stay on for about 2 years for most patients.
- Easy Cleaning: Just as you would take care of normal teeth, metal braces require traditional brushing and flossing.
- Follow up visits: Once a month your Platinum Dental Care dentist will check and adjust your braces.
- Cost: Depending on the stituation of your teeth and length of your treatment, your braces will cost anywhere between $1800 and $5000.
- After-care: Once you have your metal braces remove you must wear a retainer to maintain your straight smile.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign is not an option for severe cases.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Removable: Invisalign has the benefit of being removable, which means you can remove them before eating.
- Appearance: Invisalign straightening trays are imperceptible, which is the main attraction for most Invisalign patients.
- Comfort: The brackets of metal braces create sores in the mouths of patients, which is why Invisalign users love how comfortable and seamless they are.
- Treatment time: In most cases, patients wear their aligners 22-24 hours a day for 6 to 18 months.
- Cost: Invisalign costs about $5000, but based on your case the price may be different.
- Follow up visits: You will change trays every 2 weeks and visit your Platinum Dental Care dentist every 4 to 6 months.
What are the downsides to Braces vs. Invisalign?
Metal Braces: If you are an athlete you may not be an ideal candidate for metal braces because the metal wires can cause abrasions and damage to the tissue within your mouth.
Invisalign: If you have permanent dental work like bridge work or crowns, you may not be a great candidate for Invisalign.
The important thing in deciding between braces and Invisalign is knowing yourself, your preferences, and your teeth. If you are considering metal braces or Invisalign talk to your Platinum Dental Care dentist. If you would feel self-consious about the appearance of metal braces, Invisalign may be your best option. However, if you feel you are unsure about how well you can remember and hang on to your Invisalign trays, metal braces may be the best path to take towards a straight smile.
At Platinum Dental Care, we care deeply about the health and appearance of your smile. Straightening your teeth with either braces or invisalign will improve your overall heatlh and self confidence. If you need to schedule an appointment, search for a dentist near me to
Schedule an Appointment
Consult with your Platinum Dental Care dentist to decide if Metal Braces or Invisalign is better for you. Whether you already know what you want or not, our staff members about pricing options and payment plans available to you. Make an appointment today by visiting us online, or calling at 1-801-806-4645. We can’t wait to see the visible change in your smile and self confidence.